What We Are Loving Right Now
When one month plays host to Valentine’s Day, American Heart Month, National Weddings Month and Chocolate Lover’s Month, it only seems appropriate to take a few moments to focus on love, love, love.
Here is what our staff at Clinic Sofia is loving right now (hint: it’s ‘This Is Us!”:
- Dr. Erin Stevens: “Right now I am loving … binge-watching old episodes of ‘The X-Files’ with the hubby – he’s the Mulder to this Scully … Lindy West – contributor to ‘The New York Times’ with opinion pieces on feminism and pop culture, her book ‘Shrill’ is such a good read…Ripple chocolate pea milk – it sounds weird, but it is the most delicious chocolate milk I have ever tasted … Laura’s Wholesome Junk Food Vanilla Vanilla Breakfast Bite-lettes – an alternative to typical sweet snacks that makes me feel better about myself … my treadmill because I’m always on the run … and bar trivia – I’m getting way too serious about it!
- Cindy Swanson, Receptionist: I know I am loving being back with my Sofia family! (Cindy recently returned to Clinic Sofia after she had left for a few years.)
- Dawn Miles, RN: I love HelloFresh, the meal delivery program. It is so simple and takes the hassle out of the dreaded question ‘What’s for dinner?’ You choose how many and what meals you want each week, and they deliver it to your door in a freezer-packed box. It’s my go to when things are rushed. You don’t need to be a chef to cook these amazing meals!
- Dr. Deb Krahl: I love the TV show ‘This Is Us,’ which features one family over the course of several generations- everyone who watches it can relate to various issues they go through on the show!
- Dr. Amy Hammers: I am also loving ‘This Is Us!’ I actually talk to several of my OB patient’s each week about the latest episode as we are all following it. I am also loving the author Brene Brown and am currently reading her ‘Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead.’ (It sounds very Clinic Sofia-like, doesn’t it?)
- Katie Tjader, Receptionist: Yoga with Adriene’s 30 Days of Yoga Challenge on YouTube!
- Kristin Larson, Accounts Receivable and Surgery Scheduler: ‘This is Us!’ We are all Kate. We’ve struggled with our weight, if we’re good enough/worthy enough, body image issues, and mother/daughter strife. Kate’s early miscarriage also really resonated with me: the guilt, sadness, grief, and finally acceptance is something women who have experienced miscarriage know and all too often have to go through alone. The Pearson family gives us permission to admit our faults — and love our family members despite theirs. They remind us that only family shares with us where we’ve been, what we’ve been through and how our past helps shape our future. The show reminds us that the ’80s was the greatest generation ever! It’s a nostalgic, familiar trip down memory lane.
- Allie Nowak, Physician Assistant: I am loving cooking with my InstaPot and the longer days.
- Dr. Jewelia Wagner: I’m loving the Neflix series ‘The Crown’ and Eat Fresh.
- Jennifer Heyman, Medical Assistant: I am currently loving the TV show ‘This Is Us’ because it shows you that everyone and every family goes through the same struggles in life. We are not alone and are all just figuring out this amazing thing called life.