COVID-19: Updated Fairview Southdale Birthplace Guidelines – April 3rd
A Message from Leadership team of M Health Fairview Southdale Birthplace:
We are excited to help you grow and expand your family. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are asking to limit the amount of people and items coming and going from the hospital. Please be aware of a few changes that will impact your stay with us:
- Please park in the East Ramp and enter the hospital through door #6. You will look for the pink ‘Birthplace Entrance’ signs.
- Please be aware that upon your arrival, you and your support person will be screened for signs/symptoms of illness. If you are not feeling well prior to your arrival, please let your provider know before you arrive to the hospital.
- We ask that you limit the amount of belongings that you bring to (2) carry-on size pieces of luggage (9”x14”x22”) or (1) larger piece of luggage (11”x19”x26”). You may also bring a breastfeeding pillow. All belongings and personal items (toiletries, etc.) should be packed into the bags for easy transport into/out of the hospital. If you plan to pack food, we ask that it is individually wrapped and prepared ahead of time. All items, including infant car seat and belongings should be brought into the Hospital with you upon your admission.
- Your support person will need to remain with you in the hospital throughout the duration of your stay.
- Your support person will be able to order guest trays and eat with you in your room utilizing “At Your Service”. Credit card payments are accepted for guests, cash will not be accepted.“At Your Service” is available 0630-1830 by calling **741. Your nursing staff will provide you a menu for your convenience. If you would prefer to order delivery, please ask driver’s to take food to door #6. Nursing staff are available to meet the driver and bring the food back to you.
- Your nursing staff and providers will continue to keep you updated to the ever-changing status of the pandemic and its impact to your stay. Please let us know if you have questions.