Part of our job is helping you know what to expect. Here is an example of your first prenatal visit for uncomplicated pregnancies:
1) You will set up your appointment calendar with your caregiver. As you approach your due date, you will see your caregiver more often.
Trimester 1: monthly appointments
Trimester 2: monthly to one appointment every other week
Trimester 3: weekly appointments in the last month
2) Your caregiver will educate you about:
- What to expect between now and the next appointment
- Developing a birth plan
- Prenatal nutrition
- Hospital selection, tours, and pre-registration
- Prenatal classes
3) You will take a blood test to identify your blood type and antibody levels
4) Your caregiver will explain genetic screening and discuss your family history.
5) You will learn how to register for the patient portal, where you will be able to view test results and pay your bills.