Dr. Erin Stevens always knew she wanted to be a doctor, but it was a personal experience that led her toward a career as an OBGYN.
After her own grandmother died due to complications of endometrial cancer, Dr. Stevens realized her grandmother’s life could have been extended if she had sought help at the onset of her symptoms. However, like many women, her grandmother was so busy taking care of everyone else and didn’t want to be a burden or worry to others by bringing it up.
“I realize the importance of women having someone they can comfortably confide in about sensitive issues without feeling judgment.”
As an OBGYN, Dr. Stevens enjoys being a confidante for women and providing the care and support to help them live to their full, happy, healthy potential. From sex education and contraception to providing continuity of care and bringing new lives into the world, Dr. Stevens truly loves every aspect of women’s healthcare. Special areas of interest are family planning, minimally-invasive surgery and managing high-risk pregnancies.
Outside of the clinic, Dr. Stevens is deeply interested in legislation affecting women’s health. As a recipient of the prestigious Gellhaus Residency Advocacy Fellowship, she has had the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C. to learn about policy and political factors that influence the future of obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. Stevens additionally pens a column in Minnesota Parent Magazine, entitled “Ask the OBGYN”
Dr. Stevens considers herself “a Minnesotan through and through.” Born in Faribault, she grew up in Red Wing and attended Carleton College in Northfield. She also worked at Mayo Clinic in Rochester for a year before going to medical school at the University of Minnesota. After completing her residency in Delaware, she happily returned to her home state to work with Clinic Sofia.
Her hobbies include spending time with her fiancé, music, running and watching football.
- Residency: Christiana Care Obstetrics and Gynecology; Newark, Delaware
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, MD
- Undergraduate: Carleton College; Northfield, Minnesota
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Certification
- DaVinci Robotic Surgical Simulation, Christiana Care
Awards & Honors
- Gellhaus Resident Advocacy Fellowship
- William Slate Resident Research Award
- Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology Award
- The Ryan Program Resident Award for Excellence in Family Planning