Clinic Sofia on the Move
As an organization focused on wellness, we all know how challenging self-care and healthy routines can be when life gets busy. At Clinic Sofia, we inspire each other by trying to stay active and on the move. Here is what our staff has been up to in terms of exercise, sports leagues, competitions and all-around summer fun:
- Jennifer Knapp, Nurse Practitioner: I enjoy mountain biking at Lebanon Hills in Eagan. I just did the Lutsen 99er race (an ultramarathoner mountain biking event) in June with friends and family and I am currently signed up for the Chequamegon mountain bike race in September. And I plan to do Ragnar, a long-distance relay race, again next year.
- Taylor Purves, RN, Triage Nurse: Other than chasing after my very active 5- and 2-year-olds, I love Pure Barre and going for short runs outside. I am also in an adult co-ed volleyball league every Sunday night!
- Allie Nowak, Physician Assistant: My exercise routine has evolved and right now I enjoy lifting weights in the morning on weekdays and still enjoy running with my husband on the weekends (often with our dogs). This past year, I started working with a personal trainer and it has pushed me beyond what I figured I was capable of.
- Erin Stevens: I like to run and bike along the parkway near my house or run on my treadmill when the weather isn’t right or I’m on call and need to stick close to home! I’ve run a few half marathons and will do the occasional fun-themed 5k.
- Katie Sexe, Administrator: I like to walk/jog on my treadmill and watch Netflix in the mornings. I also play in a 35+ co-ed soccer league on Sundays.
- Katie Tjader, Receptionist: I love doing yoga, Pilates, and going for walks and bike rides.
- Jewelia Wagner: OTF! (Orange Theory Fitness). It’s an intense, one-hour workout and then I’m done. Momma has one hour to get fit and this is an efficient way to get ‘er done!
- Judy Marquardt, RN Triage Nurse: I enjoy walking and running after work, and playing golf as often as possible helps my overall well-being.
What activities are you enjoying this summer? What gets you excited to move and groove? No matter what you do, we are always impressed by many patients who continue to challenge their limits and comfort zones by trying new things.